When it comes to having sex for the first time, it is very important for you to be mentally prepared for the same. Sex is indeed a very crucial step in the relationship, for it not also reflects physical closeness but also has a lot to do with the emotional bond and your state of mind too. But before you take on that plunge, here are some things that you definitely must know.
– Don’t Force Yourself: Having sex with your partner should never be a forced decision. Step ahead only if you wish to do it, from within. Don’t do it just for the sake of it; do it only when you are mentally prepared. And make sure, your partner feels the same.
– The Bleeding Battle: Okay, so not everyone bleeds and if you do, it is totally normal. When you have sex for the first time, there is no hard and fast rule that it will bleed or it will not bleed. Either ways, it is totally normal. Nothing to worry about.
– Contraceptive Variety: Well, this one is a must! Avoiding to use contraceptive is a self invitation to unwanted chaos. Explore the plethora of contraceptives available in the market before having sex. Condoms for men, female condoms, oral contraceptives, etc are readily available in the market. And not to forget, that yes, you can get pregnant the first time you have sex if you don’t use contraceptivel
– Foreplay is a must: Not only does it enhances the feel and builds up the tempo, but also lubricates your vagina. And lubrication lessens the first time pain.
– It is okay to stop: It may or may not hurt a lot, the first time. But if the pain is unbearable, it is okay to stop. Figure out where you are going wrong, if it is the position that is not apt or whether you are being too nervous.
– STD History: It is always better to be cautious than being sorry! Get your and your partner’s Sexual Transmitted Disease (STD) history checked. It is nothing to be embarrassed about but a very practical step.
– It gets better with time: It might not be as perfect as you had imagined during the first time, but with time it keeps on getting better.